Coastal Pilotage review links
On 2 July 2008, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) and the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government announced a review of the delivery of coastal pilotage services in the Torres Strait and Great Barrier Reef.
Coastal Pilotage Services review
The review was conducted in consultation with:
- the shipping industry
- pilotage service providers
- coastal pilots and their representatives
- relevant Government departments/agencies
- regional community interests.
The review was also conducted as a consequence of issues raised about current pilotage service delivery arrangements, including the introduction of under keel clearance management systems in Torres Strait.
A copy of the report is available:
- The Delivery of Coastal Pilotage Services in the Great Barrier Reef and Torres Strait - Report [ PDF: 165Kb]
- Coastal Pilotage Review - AMSA Response [ PDF: 185Kb]
- Coastal pilotage regulation review [ PDF: 321Kb]
- Navigation Services in Australian Waters [ PDF: 2.11Mb]
- Recommendations on Training and Certification and on Operational Procedures for Maritime Pilots other than Deep-Sea Pilots of Resolution A.960(23) [ PDF: 132Kb]
- Coastal Pilotage - Consultation on the delivery of pilotage services [ PDF: 64Kb]
Find out about AMSA’s involvement in offshore activities.