Aids to Navigation
The Aids to Navigation (AtoN) Regulators group deals with the delivery of aids to navigation services by all aids to navigation authorities in Australia, including ports and state marine safety agencies.
The AtoN Regulators Group
Strategically, the group focuses on:
- ensuring aids to navigation in Australia comply with international standards and work together to assist shipping transiting our coastline and visiting our ports
- sharing and developing management strategies to help provide cost-effective aids to navigation services.
From an operational point of view, the group focusses on:
- new lighting technologies and power sources
- structures, floating aids and moorings
- radionavigation and other electronic aids
- heritage conservation
- environmental and workplace health and safety (WHS) matters.
- Regulators Group members can access the online information portal.
Read more about Aids to Navigation.