Use of the material contained within the Newsroom is subject to the following conditions:
- Information housed on this Newsroom may only be reproduced for editorial purposes.
- Bona fide news media organisations only may republish photographs, videos and other material from the Newsroom for the purposes of reporting news involving the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA).
- Content may not be used for advertising, promotion, commercial or any other use unless express permission is given in writing by AMSA.
- Where content is provided in conjunction with a media release, content may not be used in connection with other news items that have no direct connection with the text of the media release.
By using the Newsroom you accept the following conditions:
- AMSA accepts no responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of any of the information contained on or accessed through this website and makes no representations about its suitability for any particular purpose.
- AMSA make every effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and comprehensive. However, the information is only intended as a basic guide to issues related to AMSA, and does not address the complexities of particular circumstances. The material may include the views or recommendations of third parties, and does not necessarily reflect the views of AMSA or the Australian Government, or indicate a commitment to a particular course of action.
- You should seek independent advice about your individual circumstances.
You assume all risks associated with use of the Newsroom, including:
- risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via the website or your access to it
- or the risk that the content of this website and linked web sites complies with the laws of any country outside Australia.
For further information refer to the website's Privacy Statement. See: Privacy Statement
This Newsroom is hosted on a web server in Canberra in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). These terms are governed by the law in force in the ACT and any dispute about these terms or the contents of this Newsroom are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the ACT and the courts of appeal from them.
Links to other websites
Links to other websites are included in the Newsroom for convenience only and do not constitute AMSA 's endorsement of material at those websites or any associated organisation, product or service. Linked websites are not under the control of AMSA, and AMSA is not responsible for the content of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website, or changes or updates to such websites. You agree that you access and use linked websites at your own risk.
AMSA is not responsible to you or anyone else for any loss suffered in connection with accessing or using any linked websites. This includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any malware. AMSA recommends that prior to using any downloaded files you carry out an appropriate virus check.
AMSA will endeavour to ensure that the Newsroom is accessible for 24 hours a day but will not be liable if, for any reason, the Newsroom is unavailable for any time or for any period. AMSA will have the right to withdraw this Newsroom temporarily or permanently and without notice.
AMSA will not be liable for any loss or damage arising in contract, tort or otherwise if the Newsroom is unavailable or suspended for any reason.
© Australian Maritime Safety Authority 2013
AMSA owns the copyright in all material produced by AMSA and materials contained within this Newsroom that were created on AMSA’s behalf.
Apart from any fair dealings for the purposes of study, research, criticism or review, as permitted under the Australian Copyright ACT 1968, you are only authorised to use and reproduce the material subject to the following conditions:
- AMSA origin must be appropriately acknowledged with status at least equal to other credits;
- You must not purport to license or assign copyright to other parties; and may not charge customers for its intellectual content;
- AMSA reserves all other rights.
If you wish to make any other use of our Newsroom content, you must have our prior written permission. To ask for permission or for further information, please contact the Webmaster.
Third party copyright
Wherever a third party holds copyright in material presented on this website, the copyright remains with that party. Their permission may be required to use the material.