Information to be included in the bunker delivery note
Delivery of fuel oil
Specific information must be included on a bunker delivery note.
Requirements for bunker delivery notes
MARPOL Annex VI requires that the following information be included in the bunker delivery note provided to the receiving ship:
- Name and IMO number of receiving ship
- Date of commencement of delivery
- Name, address and telephone number of marine fuel oil supplier
- Product name(s)
- Quantity (metric tons)
- Density at 15ºC (kg/m3)*
- Sulphur content (% m/m)**
- A declaration signed and certified by the fuel oil supplier's representative that the fuel oil supplied is in conformity with regulation 14(1) or (4)(a) and regulation 18(1) of this Annex.
* Fuel oil should be tested in accordance with ISO 3675 or ISO 12185
** Fuel oil should be tested in accordance with ISO 8754
Format for bunker delivery notes
There is no specific format for a bunker delivery note. Bunker suppliers may therefore use their own stationery provided that all the required information is included.
For convenience, bunker suppliers may choose to use the format published by AMSA.