Mission and vision
Safe and clean seas, saving lives.
Ensuring safe vessel operations, combating marine pollution, and rescuing people in distress.
- take the lead in maritime safety regulation, maritime environmental emergencies, and maritime and aviation search and rescue
- lead the implementation of measures promoting and giving effect to safety and environment policies, both nationally and internationally
- have strong and confident strategic partnerships with stakeholders
- be sought after as a preferred choice for career development and advancement
- support our operations and community through information systems that are reliable and up to date.
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority produces information and publications about its functions and governance, planning and reporting.